Our client is an international ship builder from The Netherlands. They operate internationally and have a large international client base. For our client we are looking for a:
Paint / Coating Inspector
The position of coating inspector is a challenging position. The coating inspector works internationally and is responsible for the inspection of coatings applied to constructions build by suppliers and shipyards.
- Issue Coating Technical File based on the PSPC norms (CTF)
- Inspection of surface preparation, like blasting works, the cleaning of steel, sandpapering, or water cleaning
- Verifying application methods for different types of paints (normal paints and fire protection paints) and procedure for marine coatings
- Controlling if correct mixing and thinning procedures are used
- Checking wet film thickness, dry film thickness of the paint.
- Monitoring the recoating interval and the ambient conditions
- Knowledge of the specific aspects related to IMO PSPC ballast tanks
- Knowledge about welds is a preference
- Experience with setting up a Coating Technical File
- Working experience inspecting IMO PSPC ballast tanks
- Working experience within the maritime sector
- English spoken and written
Apart from the requirements above you also recognize yourself in the following profile:
- You are a excellent communicator and good interpersonal skills
- You know how to confront people with problems in a constructive way and to come to a solution together
- You are professional in your approach with a sense of humour
- Safety, quality and integrity are key words that are important for you.
For this job you will be based in The Netherlands while the work might be international.